Monday 14 July 2014

Glossy Box July 2014 review









Today I'll be reviewing my July Glossybox- this months theme is Stars and Stripes. 

Yep you've guessed it this box has an American theme & subscribers were promised at least 4 full size items.
The box is patterned with stars on the lid & stripes on the base, it's pretty cute! Also I'm not sure if my box was missed but there was no glossy magazine this month?





Here's my box:




As always I'll review the items in the order I was most pleased to receive them.

Firstly is tarte lights, camera, lashes 4-in-1 mascara. I love mascara I have way too many, but I'm always happy to receive new ones to try! Still haven't found anything to beat my favourite mascara-Loreal miss manga mascara...maybe this one will...?
full size: £19.50

Absolute New York perfecting eye-shadow primer. Eye-shadow primer has long been a staple in my makeup bag so I was happy to get to try one that isn't my usual urban decay/too faced ones.
full size: $4.99 approx: £2.92

Bellapierre cosmetics LTD Mineral lipstick. This lipstick feels lovely and moisturising on the lips &the colour definitely packs a punch... I think it may be a little 'too much' for me, but hey Summer is all about embracing bright colours so who knows! I received the shade: mandarina-see the quick swatch below.
full size: £20




Carmex lip balm. I have loved this for years & this was the original cult balm that i first tried. Since then I prefer the twist up lipbalms, especially the pomegranate one! it's perfect for moisturising your lips under bright lipsticks. 
full size: £2.69

Color Club nail polish in Glossy Seal. I know what you're thinking a nail polish is my least favourite item? It is, but only because of the colour which is a dark grey leaning teal colour... it is supposed to be summer, no....?! 
full size: $8 approx: £4.67

I would say this months box was quite good. I definitely prefer receiving makeup and the colour selection may push me to be braver with my makeup choices. Another box that is great value for money, with a mix of high end/high street products. Also my box contained 5 full size items, which I was very happy about.

Price of box and P&P: £13.25
value of contents approx: £49.78

Were you happy with your box? Receive anything different? 

Thanks for reading
&
come back soon
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment