Monday 24 March 2014

Glossy Box March 2014 Review

My first blog post in months...be nice! 

Unfortunately due to personal reasons I haven't felt like blogging for a little while, however I'm finally feeling more like myself & I have some catching up to do! 

I know I've missed a lot of Glossy box reviews but I'm planning a post on my favourite items, from the boxes, that I've missed.

Now onto the March Edition of Glossy box which has the theme 'Beauty Blossom' which Is all about saying goodbye to Winter & welcoming spring, seems appropriate with the nicer weather we've been having lately! 




I must just say Glossy box changed their packaging at the start if the year...I for one am not keen on the new boxes! 
Here's my box:




 As always I'll review the items in the order of which I was most pleased with.

Firstly we have Sleek Makeup Pout Polish, a tinted lip balm. I received the shade Bonaire which looks bright orange in the pot! Luckily it goes on the lips as a subtle pop of peach, as seen below. 
Full size: £4.49



Next up we have Bellapierre cosmetics ltd shimmer powders. I received the shade Oasis dew-a pale bronze shimmer. These are multi purpose mineral pigments that can be used of the eyes, face & lips, they're 100% pure. 
Full size: £12.99

Mitchell and Peach English flowers body cream, not overy exciting but it smells nice! 
Full size: £36 for 180ml-sample 40ml approx £8

Juicy couture Malibu collection fragrance samples. Not keen on the smell of these or the fact you can pick them up for free in any department store.. 
Full size: £47 for 75ml - sample 1.5ml approx 94p each.

Finally Dove Hair Therapy intensive repair 60 second treatment shot. This is something i have no interest in using. products like this just, seem to, make my hair greasy, so this shall be going to my Nan who has very dry hair.
Full size: £1.49


Price of box inc P&P: £13.25
Value of contents: approx £28.85

I would say this months box is rather a mixed bag! Three good items & 2 rather poor items. I'm happy with the lip tint, shimmer powder & body cream. The perfume 'freebie' samples & hair shot let the box down a little. It's as if they're the items to bulk the box out. However this months box is good value for money. 

On a side note I think I must have been one of the only people to prefer MyHermes to the Royal Mail? I've already had problems with receiving my box and it's only the first month they've switched over! 

Thanks for reading 
&
come back soon!
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment