Saturday 21 September 2013

Leibster Award!







I am beyond happy to say that I have been nominated for the Leibster award by The lovely Tracey at Bite no more.

It's not so much an award, but a way of finding new and up coming bloggers, who's blog has less than 200 followers.
The rules are, you must nominate another 11 blogs who have less than 200 followers, and let them know you've nominated them. You are given 11 questions by the blogger who nominated you, which you must answer. You must give the blogs you nominate 11 question for them to answer. Finally you must link back to the person who nominated you.

Here are the answers to the questions I was asked:



1. Where did your blog name come from?

The name is really a mismatch of different bits of my personality. (Except for the lucky bit-i'm definitely not lucky normally!) The magpie comes from the fact that anything sparkly grabs my attention and the first time I was described as a magpie, was when I was in Harrod's  beauty hall and walked past the Benefit counter; only to catch a glimpse of a shocking pink glittery lip gloss, out of the corner of eye, well naturally I had to spin back around and buy it!! The luck bit comes from the fact I have an eye for bargain spotting and tend to find really great items on sale.


2. What inspired you to start blogging?

I've always loved painting my nails and have always taken a lot of pictures to prove it! I suppose I really started it to keep track of all the different colours/brands I've tried and to hopefully help people decide whether they need them for themselves or not.


3. Favourite and least favourite colour?

My favourite colour changes all the time! At the moment I would have to say it's between: Pink, purple and blue! My least favourite colour would probably have to be anything dull like brown or grey. EWW or Khaki!! Yuk!


4. How do you relax?

With a good book-anything by Dan Brown or I'm not adverse to a chick-lit or two, Lindsey Kelk is one of my favourite writers.


5. Summer or Winter?

Summer! Love a bit of sunshine, just wish we had more of it here!


6. If you could have one wish, what would you wish for?

For all my family and friends to be happy and healthy.


7. Has anything good ever happened to you as a 
result of your blog?

It's not something I intended to happen when I started blogging, but it is lovely when people ask me to review their products. Also I'm taking part in a book, about nails, that's a collaboration between bloggers, nail art fanatics and the polish obsessed. (I just happen to fall into all three categories!)

8. Best tip advice, beauty or other?

Best advice for nails that I've been given is in order to get rid of staining from dark/bright polishes use whitening toothpaste. Also eating a couple of cubes of jelly is great for strengthening your nails. Make up wise, it's boring but always take your makeup off every night and never forget to moisturise, your skin will thank you for it a few years down the line.

9. Comedy or horror?

Comedy-I'm a complete wuss!!


10. Has blogging taken over your life?

Not yet, but it is getting that way! I love it though, it's my little escape and I have met a lot of like-minded (polish nutters) through it as well, which has been lovely.


11. Where do you see your blog 10 years from now?

I never look that far ahead, I prefer to concentrate on the now. I just take my blog day by day for now and If it opens up different opportunities for me in the future then that's great, but for now I'm just having fun sharing my passion for nails and beauty with others!

The 11 blogs I'm nominating are:

2. nailcake
3. Jude's Nails
4. Penny-pinching Polish
5. Nails and nibbles
6. Nail the day
7. Polishtry
8. Hex Beauty
9. Lisa's Nails
10. Nails by Vanessa Marie
11. Knitty Nails

And my 11 questions for you all are:

 1. What started your nail polish obsession?

2. If you were stranded on a desert island, and could only take one beauty item with you, what would you choose?

3.  Does your blog name have a special meaning?

4. Favourite nail polish?

5. What other interests do you have?

6. Name one item you couldn't live without?

7. Who or what inspires you? 

8.  Sun or Snow?

9. what aspirations do you have for your blog?

10. What has been the best thing to happen since you started blogging?

11. What are your favourite blogs to follow?



Wow, I never thought it would be so hard to think up 11 questions! Please reply with your link, so I know you've accepted. I would like to say thanks again for my nomination!

thanks for reading, come back soon! 
xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment