Sunday 28 July 2013

Tara's Talons, UK Indie brand, review!

Today's post is something a little different for me and is a very exciting first for me, as a relatively new blogger! 



Today I have two gorgeous polishes, that I was thrilled to be sent to review, from Tara's Talons-a UK based Indie polish brand! If, like me, you too are obsessed with Indies, you will know that UK brands are few and far between, so it's been nice to see a few more springing up of late! 


Tara's Talons launched on 1st April 2013, initially offering a collection of 10 polishes, with 10 bottles of each. However all collections since, have been complete one offs! With custom polishes available to order and design around your wishes, at amazing prices, Tara's etsy shop is an Aladdin's cave of sparkly gorgeousness! (Which is just heaven for a magpie, like myself!)

The newest addition to the shop are 5ml bottles of polish, which are what I shall be reviewing for you today, they are priced at £3.50 and £5.50-for custom orders.

Here are my two beauties!






The first is called 'Magpie Polish' which is a gorgeous taupe/toffee brown, with gold and holo micro glitter and medium gold holo circles. It reminds me of treasure buried on a beach! The hint of gold sparkles is really appropriate for the name.








Picture shows two coats of polish and no topcoat, although it looked a little gritty in the bottle and also in the picture above, it was surprisingly smooth to the touch. Application was easy and finally a polish with no fiddly glitter fishing required! Although it hasn't shown up well the larger holo circles were surprising compliant and spread evenly across each nail.







Another shot without topcoat, I am so happy with this polish and the most astonishing thing is that I own nothing that is remotely like this! 







Finally I added a generous coat of gelous just to tame the glitter and smooth it out completely.





I love how the gold circles (or coins as I like to refer to them) just add little bursts of sparkle.





The second polish is called 'I'm Melissa's polish' and it's a blackened/navy blue base packed with blue micro glitter and scattered holo micro glitters. It really is so beautiful!! 
Again in the bottle it looked quite gritty, but on the nail (pre-topcoat) it has a similar effect to the OPI liquid sands, only less rough to touch. 




This polish is so strongly pigmented and crammed full of glitters that it is completely opaque in just one, stress free, coat. It is actually quite a bit darker in real life, but no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't get it to translate into the pictures. I love how it has a sparkly sandy finish before topcoat. 





Pre-topcoat, taken with flash. It really comes alive and you can spot all of that gorgeous glittery goodness (can you tell I'm excited, I'm even bringing out the alliteration!!)


Time for a shot with the bottle:

with flash.


low indoor lighting.



 And with one coat of gelous, you can see how full of depth this polish is and it becomes squishy and almost jelly-like. 





With topcoat and flash. It is such a beautiful polish. It really shocked me how much I ended up loving this polish on my nails. It's one of those that looks pretty in the bottle, but on the nails it really steps it up a notch and becomes something very special.



I really love the new mini bottles and Tara's Talons has a lot of special deals on polishes-for example: Pick and mix, lucky bags and talon twosomes. Meaning you get to try more pretties for a fraction of the cost. 

If you're interested in learning more about Tara's talons; or if you would like to purchase your very own custom polish, you can visit either www.tarastalons.co.uk direct or her etsy shop HERE! Also as a little treat use the code THANKYOU20 for 20% off with no minimum spend and lasts forever!! 

I just want to say how much I have loved reviewing these polishes and also that my opinions and feelings about the polishes are 100% genuine. 

I don't know about you but I'm heading off to Tara's Talons to create my very own sparkly beauty! 

Thanks for reading, come back soon! 
xoxo












No comments:

Post a Comment