Friday 24 May 2013

The Great Gatsby inspired nail art.


It was a book that I never had to read in school and with the film coming out, I thought I would read it first. I really loved it-from its use of an omnipresent narrator to the way it captured the feel of the era. Flapper dresses, art deco, the charleston-needless to say I was feeling inspired! 

At about the same time as I finished the book I had a wonderful parcel arrive from the lovely Lou at tipsandtopcoat. It was my prize for winning a competition on her blog (eek-never won anything before!!). It consisted of 3 of the 2013 colour club halo hues collection:

Over the moon, cosmic fate and beyond.


Needless to say they are gorgeous and as soon as I saw beyond I thought it would be great in my Gatsby mani!

Also I could only pick two colours for this mani as it's polish roulette week on the All things nails page on fb: 2 colours, 1 mani!

Some more Gatsby inspiration:



Finally my mani, involving my novice attempts at nail art and first time of using striping tape! They are far from perfect but I am quite pleased with them.

For this mani I used a base of zoya trixie and colour club beyond. I also used nails inc electric lane on some nails and a tiny bit of lynnderella mercury's rainbow on the little fingers.

I stuck to quite basic designs: chevrons, triangles etc and then I added a little star jewel on the ring fingers.

Here are the piccies:

outside in shade.

outside, in indirect sunlight.

outside light


with flash

with flash


with flash.


Have you been to seen The Great Gatsby yet?
Thanks for reading
and I hope to see you back again soon!
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment