Monday 6 May 2013

June Magazine freebies!!

First let me start of for apologising for not posting over the bank holiday, its been a really hectic time! 

However I want to take the time to do something a little different today: A round up of the best freebies in magazines or beauty samples. I hope you enjoy this post as i'm hoping to make it a semi-regular feature on the blog! 

First let's start with the most exciting freebie of the month...
nails inc in instyle magazine. There are 3 colours to choose from. At first I thought they looked similar to, other nails inc, colours I own..they're not! They really are beauts! 

Heres some piccies: 







 First up I did a quick swatch of 'You're a peach', which was gorgeous and really summery. Applied effortlessly and was opaque in two coats.

from left to right: Peach sorbet, you're a peach and wellington square
 I've included bottle shots of the similar colours i had to all 3 polishes.  As you can see neither are dupes! 

 Next i tried 'totes pink', The first coat was somewhat streaky, (nothing unusual as the polish has a lot of white in it) but the second coat evened in out nicely and to full opacity.
L-R: totes pink and Elizabeth street.
 I don't actually own too many nails inc pinks so the closest I had was Elizabeth street-which as you can see isn't very close at all! Another none dupe!!


Finally I tried 'It's red babez' which is a nice orange toned red creme. This is slightly on the sheer side, as you can see, the nail line is clearly visible, which is a shame as I hate faffing around with a third coat! 




Again it's not a dupe! which is a plus. Still disappointed with the opacity though, it reminds me of my favourite red-Leighton Denny, Viva la diva (however viva la diva is virtually a one coater!) 

Other magazine freebies out now:




Elle has a mini Benefit 'they're Real!' mascara-which I have previously bought, hated, sold, bought in this magazine, hated and passed on. I just don't get the huge buzz around this product: i found it to be clumpier than clumpy and my eyes are still sore-two days later, think i must have had some sort of reaction to it! 

this magazine also has  a sample inside of clarins new BB skin perfecting cream in the medium shade. 
(if you have pale skin (like me) don't even be tempted to try it...I did and was more orange than a carrot! haha) 

 Marie Claire magazine has avon beauty products on offer. choose between their smitten red lipstick, gel eyeliner (in what looks like black) or an eyebrow definer (which from what I can see says dark brown). Also you will get a BB cream sample.

Marie Claire next month has a mini Ciate Caviar set free! The colours seem to be Cookies and creme paint pot and shooting star caviar pearls.


Harper's Bazaar magazine has a free Ren Morrocon Rose Otto body cream 50ml. I would like to try this as i love Ren products! 


Harper's Bazaar has a very special freebie next month...Leighton Denny colour and go nail duo varnish (one end is the colour and the other is one for all base and top coat). They're are six shades to choose from...so start saving now! 

Also not magazine related but Garnier are giving away moisture match sample packs.

Loreal are giving away Nude Magique CC cream samples.

I'm sorry about it being such a long post but June has some really great freebies on offer and July is shaping up to have even more! 
Have you bought any magazine with free goodies in this month?? 

thanks for reading 
and i hope to see you back again soon! 
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment